Thursday, September 08, 2005

OpinionJournal - Peggy Noonan

OpinionJournal - Peggy Noonan: "We Can All Relate
Soldiers, commanders, children, parents: The human face of a natural disaster.

Thursday, September 8, 2005 12:01 a.m. EDT

The e-mail came from a reader, U.S. Marine Corps, retired:

So, I was driving down I-20 from NE Columbia [S.C.] toward the city when I began to pass this huge convoy of Army trucks, Humvees, etc. The convoy was in the right lane. I was driving in the left. The convoy vehicles were loaded with tough-looking young soldiers, and each of them had the familiar 'AA' (All American) patches of the famous 82nd Airborne Division stitched on their sleeves. Of course--being such an enormously long convoy of these young paratroopers traveling west on I-20--it was obvious they were from Fort Bragg, N.C., and they were heading toward the Katrina damaged Gulf Coast, where other 82nd paras had already been deployed."

No comments: